What qualifications and registration do I need to teach in Victoria?

All teachers wishing to teach in Victoria need to be registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching which is the professional body that sets the professional standards for teachers in Victoria. At the VIT website registration information is available for teacher graduates trained in Australia and experienced teachers trained in Australia and teachers trained overseas.

Please note: the following ads are provided for the information of schools and individuals, they are not a recommendation or suggestion.
We endeavour to provide accurate information. 


Albert Park College is looking to recruit a full-time French teacher starting end January 2018. 
Albert Park College is a new school with our second cohort of Year 12s graduating in 2017. French is the one LOTE offered at our school and so we have a thriving French program and a dedicated French team. We are also an accredited International Baccalaureate school. We hope to employ an enthusiastic French teacher with skills and experience in junior and VCE French.
For more information or to apply email tashapaquier@albertparkcollege.vic.edu.au before 25 October. Applications also on Recruitment online


Eltham High School is currently seeking a French language assistant to work with small groups of students next year in 2018.

Please click here for more information.

Check for French teaching positions on the Department of Education & Training School Jobs website.

Coming Events